Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Songs of the Sea









Last week we recorded the Song of the Sea with Lisa Hannigan and some of the other songs and characters with Pat Shortt , Colm O'Snodaigh and Liam Hourican.

Tommorow we record Brendan Gleeson as Conor and some more Ben scenes with David Rawle, on Friday its the younger version of Ben and of course little Saoirse.

Inbetween all this , we are moving ahead with finalising the animatic, designs and creating key backgrounds as we wind up for full production in January.

Brian from Hobsoft is here helping us get our production pipeline well in place and we have a great team working away on the modelsheets, animation tests etc.

Our old comrade Jeremy Purcell will visit on Friday to begin to design the handdrawn Sfx.
Today we have broken down with Serge Ume the composisting work needed to create all the water, wind, fire and magic needed to tell the story.

We had a big coproducers meeting yesterday to try and figure out how we are going to pull off this ambitous project with our limited budget and short schedule.
Jeremy from Superprod in Paris, Stefan from Studio 352 in Luxembourg, Frederik from Noerlum in Viborg, Denmark and Serge from Digital Graphics in Belgium were all in attendance.
I showed them the latest storyboard sequences and we discussed the worksplit and schedule in detail with Thibaut Ruby our line producer extraordinaire.
Its going to be  a challenging adventure with all our creativity being called upon to pull it off.

But with such lovely voices recorded and a storyreel I am more and more confident in I feel its an adventure well worth taking.


1 comment:

  1. I am convinced you took my brain and plugged it into a monitor. I think your work is beautiful. After seeing the Secret of Kells you renewed hope for animation. I myself am trying to study animation, and my goal is to change the face of animation. A more illustrative approach to animation. Beautiful to look at, a beautiful story that engulfs the viewer, magic both in character story and artwork. I honestly can't thank you enough for what you do, and I can't wait for this film!

    If I have to work for anyone when I am done school, I'd love it to be you!

    Please continue doing what you do!

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for commenting I really appreciate hearing from readers of the blog